ACCA and Oxford Brookes University (OBU) have worked together to develop a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Applied Accounting, which is available exclusively to ACCA students who wish to obtain a degree while studying towards the ACCA Qualification.
There are numerous benefits to completing the degree, not least is the fact that a degree and a professional accounting qualification are a powerful combination of qualifications to have, putting students in demand with employers and increasing their career prospects.
The Research and Analysis Project (RAP) is the final component of the BSc degree and consists of two separate documents; a 7,500 word Research Report (RR) and a 2,000 word Skills and Learning Statement (SLS). Students are also required to give a presentation on the project to their project mentor.
For RR, students are required to conduct an investigation and write a report which addresses one of the topics listed by OBU.
SLS is an evaluation of students’ experiences of doing the RR by demonstrating that they have developed the key ‘graduate’ skills of self-reflection and communication.
1. ACCA Applied Skills Module
- Completed and pass ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills
- Passed the Financial Reporting (FR), Audit and Assurance (AA) and Financial Management (FM) exams without exemption
2. Additional requirements:
- Passed all ACCA papers in Fundamentals level (Students with exemptions who wish to acquire the BSc degree must complete ACCA paper FR, AA and FM).
- Completed the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills Module (online assessment)
- Completed and passed the OBU BSc degree within 10 years of the earliest date of students’ first examination pass or the date of first ACCA exemption being granted; or
Pass 3 ACCA (Applied Skills or Strategic Professional) examinations in the 5-year period before submitting and psssing your RAP.
It is a degree designed specifically for ACCA students to complement the qualification. It provides a platform for the students to gain and apply the skills of gathering, analysing and summarising data, which are skills much required in the real corporate world.
At UOW Malaysia KDU College, we are committed to leading and guiding our students towards achieving their dream of becoming qualified accountants who are able to demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and competency.
- Audit Senior
- Tax Senior
- Assistant Tax Officer
- Business Advisory
- Business Consultant
- Account Executive
Management Accounting Executive